Remaining copies available here:
Somewhere between now and the future, a hunt begins in the blue neon space before darkness. The near dark.
Gideon Wolf’s new album lives in the headlights on that empty road, sweeping the distant violence at high speed. A soundtrack to the escape from a Ballardian dystopia.
‘Near Dark’ sees the duelling elements of Tristan Shorr’s musical output merge into one; prophetic ambience driving headlong into rhythm and distortion.
Think Ben Frost and Max Richter colliding in a futuristic urban landscape:
– “a vertical Kubrick event horizon that is equal parts Nils Frahm and Oren Ambarchi” (Cyclic Defrost).
Hand made limited edition of 200:
- Letter-pressed CD covers
- 20 prints on luxury thick card that rest in glassine bags
- Vintage photo slides (1930's-70's)
- Vintage 1920's explorers notes / maps
- Dried leaves
- Hand typed messages
- Hand numbered
- All sealed tight in oversized glassine bags
- Download code, plus exclusive 16 minute live bonus track
This album has been made with creative input and material from analogue impresario and mad scientist Gabi Matzeu and mastered with precision by James Plotkin.